Monday 2 June 2008

No more drinking on the tube. . .

Can someone tell me why there was a massive party on the tube this weekend to celebrate the alcohol ban? The ban is used as an excuse, that's all.

I can think of nothing worse than sitting on the tube with hundreds of revelers binge drinking and creating havoc. Needless to say most tubes I use don't have the toilet facilities to cope.
There is the damage to stations and the tubes, and the excess police presence required to make sure it went off with out trouble - but still the idiot element was out in force.

Now I know there is always a minority who spoil it for the magnitude, but seeing the scenes in the paper this morning, it was totally irresponsible of the London council and the Mayor's office to let this go ahead.

Drinking on the train does lead to intimidation of the many people who just want a quiet journey home. I for one am glad it is now outlawed on the tube.

No comments: